hotoMeta Is a plugin to enable article custom fields to be used as meta content. You can use the benefits of the custom fields to define your own tags and assign them to articles. There is no limit to what meta tags to define, you can even create your own types.
With hotoMeta you can :
- Define default values for meta tags.
- Assign different meta tags to different article categories.
- There is no limit fo what meta tags to define, you can even create your own types.
- Have content creators edit meta tags, inside articles.
- Have more meta tag categories, example OpenGraph, TwitterCard etc.
- Define the name/description label individually for each meta tag.
- From version 3 of hotoMeta you can reference fields from your article in the meta output to create a dynamic output.
hotoMeta supports "Text", "Text Area" and "Media" custom fields for meta tags. Other field types might work but not officially supported.
- Download the installation zip file from here (above link) or from the JED.
- In the Joomla backend select Extensions -> Manage -> Install -> Upload Package File.
- Browse for the installation zip file and select it for installation.
|To enable hotoMeta goto Extensions ->Plugins, find "Content - hotoMeta" and enable the plugin.|
To change the Field Group that hotMeta will look for, change the title of the field group you assign meta fields to. Also the name of the tab in the content edit view. "Field Group Title" to the desired label. hotoMeta supports a list of groups to look for, separated by "," example "hotoMeta,extraMeta,myMeta,yourMeta".
Edit the "Meta Name Label" or "Meta content Label" to change the meta name or content label in output.
To disable the output of empty meta tags, set "Output empty meta tags" to no.
- Define a field group called "hotoMeta"
- Create fields (of type text) and assign them to the field group. The Title will be the property value of the meta tag output. Example: for open graph title the field title then should be "og:title". If you want the meta tag to have a default value. You can define the value in the field "Default Value".
- Set "Automatic Display" to "Do Not Automatically Display" so the meta field is not shown along the article content.
For open graph fields see http://ogp.me/
From version 3 of hotoMeta you can reference fields from your article in the meta output. It is possible to use these fields to automatically create a dynamic output.
The syntax is @@[article fieldname]@@. Please take note the reference starts and ends with @@ and in all capital letters.
Example for an article called “My views” written by “John Doe”
input: @@TITLE@@ writte by @@AUTHOR@@
output: My views written by John Doe
It is possible to use the following @@ references